Sunday 17 July 2016

Quilt Salad

I feel like I've been working on a bit of everything this week.   My really creative project is a small abstract piece for an online art quilt group I joined.  It's the second in a series. That sounds very aspirational for me, but really I'm just having another try at making the first one again using a different technique.  No pictures yet; it's still a bit too rough, and I had to give up this afternoon when I couldn't get the cat off the work in progress.  The group is also having a postcard swap which I was a bit worried about about the workload of at first but then I put my thinking cap on and went through THAT BAG in the bottom of the cupboard.  Well I found some spares of these postcards from a few years back to use, and the off cuts of this netted a few more so I'm well on the way now.

I've spent some time on my Project 48 Quilt blocks, trying to resolve the 'issues' that seem to have come with some of the recent blocks.

As well as some being too big and some too small, I fear that some are  just plain gaudy.   I fell in love with the orange solid in the top two blocks while browsing at Nancy's win Wellington and had to buy it. Unfortunately once it's pieced I find it a bit sickly sweet, like a icing, or Fanta with ice-cream.  I'll have to work had with the next few block to focus the colour scheme again.



Wonky stars continue to make me smile.  I made parts with my blues and completed a few pink blocks for the weekly Rainbow Scrap Challenge link up which you can see here.  There are some amazing projects being made by the other participants.



One more week and then I'm heading off for a quilt retreat with my quilting buddy!  Yay.









7 comments:

  1. You have really made a lot of progress on your projects. I am looking forward to seeing them completed. You are way more industrious than I am. I go for the really simple stuff. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wonky pink stars! They are fun to make and a great way to use up scrappy bits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My solution to an orange problems is always to add more orange! (Your mileage may vary...)
    Love all your blocks, especially those wonky stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Project 48 blocks are coming along nicely (and so are your PINK Wonky Stars!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wonky pink stars are my favorites in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that star block with the little crosses in the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Need to get busy with my liberated stars for this month - yours look great!

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...