I'm so frustrated not to be able to post some pictures today because I have quilty things to show you all. It seems our camera didn't like its last trip to the river. The dogs kept swimming and then shaking sand everywhere so I think there might be some in the camera making it unhappy. Between that and the problem with the battery cover not closing properly I think it might be time to look for a new one.
I have finished the first two blocks of the *Quilters Blessings* stitchery from Capricorn Quilts I'm doing mine in an antique mauve colour but you will just have to imagine that until I sort the camera problem out.
I have made up the first 1/4 panel of Bonnie's Superbowl Bargello quilt. This picture on
Bonnie's page convinced me to do it. I don't know who Debbie P is but I love her colour choices. I tried to choose strong colours from my stash for my version, and used some batiks which should really make it zing.
And yesterday I spent the day in Wanganui at a quilt class with a really lovely group of ladies. The tutor, Chris, taught us how to use 60 degree rulers to hexagon shapes from Jelly Rolls. I have the top laid out ready to sew into rows. I haven't enjoyed a class so much in a long time. Everyone was so friendly and there was lots of laughter. The Jelly Roll was fun to use. So easy to have 40 fabrics pre-cut and chosen so that you can just start sewing.
Driving over to Wanganui really made me realise how dry it is this summer. Our normally green hills are almost white. We have some cloud today but I'm not sure whether it will turn into any rain. We are lucky not to have any water restrictions.
If you've read this far... thanks for sticking with me during my lack of pictures.
I'm off to work on the Jelly Roll quilt some more.
My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...
With the first quarter finishes accounted for it is time to turn my attention to what I hope to complete in the second quarter (Q2) of 2017....
This week I've been tidying up the Quiltery which was looking a bit the worse for wear and working on some nearly finished projects. F...
This is the first week that I've struggled to pull off my journal quilt. I think it's because I didn't have a clear idea of wh...