Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year

And so in the blink of an eye we have rolled into 2011. The New Year is always a time to reflect back on the year that has been, to celebrate its passing, and all you’ve accomplished, and to look forward to what you want to achieve in the coming year.

I am one of those odd people who feels more Christmassy after Christmas Day. I suspect this is because I am on holiday. So combining my New Year refections with my festive feelings, I have decided I will be organised with my Christmas gift giving this year, and in particular I will be organised with my Christmas gift making.



To kick this off I made lavender bags yesterday. I found a great tutorial online and did some trial runs. We visited a lavender farm on Friday when we were out for a picnic and bought lavender. It was such a beautiful sight, the bushes in full bloom in the late afternoon soon. The owner was telling me that they stay open until 9pm at this time of year because people love to come and see the lavender at sunset.

I enjoyed my Christmas swaps*** so much in 2010 that I have joined a Christmas Stocking Swap through Southern Cross Quilters... this one is going to be so much fun because you make your partner a stocking, and then each month you send gifts to put in the stocking until Christmas. Isn't that cute?

***I found the blog of Carol, the recipient of my Christmas parcel. She has a picture of her present - I forgot to take one - here.

I have also found Allie's Blog and she is organising Christmas Through The Year, a series of monthly projects to get everyone stitching present early for Christmas. Check it out and join in.


1 comment:

  1. Your Stocking swap sounds like a great idea.
    I enjoy Christmas after the day too. Everyone is happy the stress of the day is past.
    You have hit the ground running with your Lavender bags!

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...