Wednesday 26 January 2011

Christmas progress

Yesterday was the 25th and I didn't get a chance to post on my first months progress with making Christmas things. I got caught up moving furniture between rooms last night. We have decided to swap our lounge and bedroom around and had to do yesterday because the TV company come to recable today.

My big finish for the Christmas stash this month has been these lavender bags using some op-shop linen. These turned out really pretty, and and the gift drawer smells lovely too.

My other Christmas project is these little stitcheries. Such cute patterns, and I've a had a lovely time sitting in front of the TV stitching these. The will become... something larger but I'll post about that later on.


I've made a stocking for a swap too but I can't show that until it has been swapped.

14 comments:

  1. All the ideas we can share are fantastic. The lavender sachets look gorgeous.
    Your stitcheries are lovely too. They are fun aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa they're glorious - I love lavender sachets, and these are beautiful!!!

    Your stitcheries are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog via Allie's site and love your projects! I'm mad for Lavender and love the idea of sachets, might have to try that! Your embroidery is wonderful too. I'm also working on a redwork Christmas embroidery project that I need to get back to. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty stitcheries - I love lavender sachets - I made one many years ago (cross-stitch) for my sister, and have been meaning to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lavender and these little bags are wonderful. Your stitcheries look great, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your lavendar sachets! Lovely work on the embroideries too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lisa, another sweet gift idea...thank you....one of my quilting buddies loves lavender.....Warm Regards, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a sucker for lavender sachets and these are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your lavender sachets. What a great idea. Your stitcheries are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you via Allie-isn't she just the sweetest? Love the lavendar sachets, and how much fun is it working on the Christmas things?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love lavender sachets and these are so lovely. Very very pretty embroidery. I'm getting the bug to start doing a little hand work, too. These are going to so appreciated. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sachets are lovely and I am always glad to see pretty linen given new life...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job....and what a wonderful gift idea!! Think I will borrow it from you :-) !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely gifts! I really love lavender sachets.

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...