Sunday 21 February 2016

A little scrappy catchup

So (or is that sew?) it has been a while I checked in on my blog and on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  There are 2 reasons for that.  Firstly life got a little busy as DH and I because caught in in putting my Father-in-Law into care.  As he's in the South Island, that meant some travel and time away from home, and lots of organising and work to be done.

Secondly the colour for February is brown, and I just can't get excited about it so I've been procrastinating.  Today I finally decided to grow and up just sew a block and see what I thought.


I don't love it, and I haven't prepared any fabric to make more.  I still have a lovely wee stash of blue parts and am happily sewing away on blue blocks.  This is last progress photo I took.



I've probably said it before, but these blocks are so much fun to make.  It's quite simple sewing when anything else seems to hard, and after a while I find myself excited about having stitched, and ready to move onto something more challenging which I might not other otherwise have got into.

I hope next month's colour inspires me more than brown though LOL.
You can check out the much more enthusiastic RSC progress of others at SoScrappy's blog here

8 comments:

  1. I like brown a lot more after playing with it for RSC. If all else fails, think chocolate. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just got to make some wonky stars - I have said this before but I'm going to do some soon!
    Yours are lovely, will you be putting them all together at the end of the year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll put them together in combinations that go together well to make quilts for Foster Hope http://www.fosterhope.org.nz/what-we-do/ a group which supports kids in foster care.

      Delete
  3. Your stars are so pretty! The collection of blues is amazing - maybe they will make a quilt all by themselves! I know what you mean about needing something simple to do when everything else seems hard. Keep stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful Wonky Star in BROWN!! With all of those BLUE blocks, too, you must really be enjoying making these. I think they are SEW much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about adding shades of pink, a lot of pink? We do what we want because these are not rules, only suggestions. That's what I like about the RSC. So keep doing what works for you and be sure to join up here so we can enjoy it with you.

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...