Sunday 9 April 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long: Q2 Goals

With the first quarter finishes accounted for it is time to turn my attention to what I hope to complete in the second quarter (Q2) of 2017.  Linking up with Marci Girl

First up is the most ambitious but most important because it has a mid-year deadline for gift giving.  This pile of blocks needs finishing, putting together and quilting.




This sampler quilt is ready for quilting.  It's made from last year's Project 48 blocks.  I stopped at around block 38, so it uses 36 blocks with a wide sashing to make it a better size and add some calm between all the  colour.  I did wonder if needed some more borders, but that would make it a funny size, and I'm "a bit over it" really.



Next is a much easier project.  I'm remodeling this sunflower quilt, but it has sat for several months and I want to get it ticked off and back on the wall.





Grand Illusion  just needs the binding hand stitched down, but this the point where my quilts stall.  If I put it on this list I'm hoping to motivate myself to get it done.


2 comments:

  1. Your blocks have great impact! Send Grand Illusion over to me and I'll finish off the binding for you! JK!!! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals. They are all very lovely projects. Put on a good movie you like and hand sew the binding away.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...