Sunday 15 January 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long: Q1 Proposed Finishes


 Rhonda's [Quilt] Ramblings
I've sorted through my piles and boxes of unfinished quilting projects and, they seem to have been multiplying in the cupboard.  One of the cupboards is getting a bit difficult to close now so it is time for action.  I've decided to join the 2017 Finish Along to help motivate me to get some of them completed.

I have three goals for the first quarter.

First up is this wonky star quilt.  The blocks were made by three of us from my little quilt group, and as you can it has at least progressed to the quilting stage. 




Second is to put the facing on this art quilt for a mid February online reveal.  This pic is just sneak preview.  This quilt is the 3rd piece in a series of 4.


The third and last project is this sampler quilt which is at the top stage, so another quilting project.  This has been a stop-start project that began life as a quilt along and turned into a bit of experimentation.  It took a couple of years longer the original quilt along timetable so I'm super pleased to have the top together, and am looking forward to getting it finished.  I have no idea how I'm going to quilt it.  Along with the Wonky Stars, this quilt will be a donation to Foster Hope, a group which provides support for children in foster care.


This is going to be fun!  But I gotta go quilt now.

2 comments:

  1. What fun projects you have going! Isn't interesting how those cupboards where we stash our goodies get smaller and smaller?! I can't wait to see how these turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very pretty projects. Can't wait to see your "done" photos!

    ReplyDelete

Around here

My sewing at the moment seems to be focused on a couple of quilt-a-long projects I've joined. For a while now I've wanted to use u...