Monday, 21 July 2008
Progress with fabrics
I had a day off work on Friday and used the long weekend to do some quilt shopping for the Star BOM that Judy is doing on her blog (check it out here)
These are fabrics 1-4 from left to right. (I chose 2 different prints for the third fabric - one for the sashing and the other for the borders.)
I found the hardest thing was the background fabric. In the end I chose this solid, chalky coloured plain because it seemed to be the only fabric that was the right colour. I've had this problem before. I wonder whether the importers here choose to buy in all the "wow" fabrics - with fabulous prints - overlooking the basics that are needed to support these fabrics.
My next expedition will be to find the four contrasting fabrics. I had to put that off because on Friday the quilt shop was filled with the sound of a drummer rehearsing nearby. It felt like the sound was inside my head so I called it a day with this bundle and will look out for the other fabrics over the next week or so.
I'm getting excited about making this quilt.
With the first quarter finishes accounted for it is time to turn my attention to what I hope to complete in the second quarter (Q2) of 2017....
Kiwi Quilters is running a 12 x 12 challenge after the success of the 12 x 12 quilt exhibition at the Hamilton Quilt Show. The original 12...
This is the first week that I've struggled to pull off my journal quilt. I think it's because I didn't have a clear idea of wh...
I've really got back into making wonky stars this week. These pinks make me smile. A few years ago I would have cringed at pink, and I...